Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

2015 Goals Update - 4 Months in

1. Reading 

Goal: Total books: 12-15 (at least 1 per month).

UPDATE: So far, I have read 7 books (3 classics, 1 modern non-fiction, and 2 best sellers, 1 history), next up another classic. Breathing a sigh of relief, as I only have 3 more classics to read this year! I'm currently enjoying reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.


2. Biking 
Goals include a couple of bike classes, and a partial and full century ride + a spin goal.

UPDATE : So far, I have only reached my spin goal. The temperatures are warm again and I intend to put air in my tire this weekend.
GOAL UPDATE: I have decided not to attempt a century ride this year. It will take too much time to train for along with my other goals that I would prefer take priority. I am looking forward to trying a partial century in the Fall.

3. Travel 
Goals include day trips, a new state, and a girls weekend. 

UPDATE: I have been to Peoria, Ill to see family and have new day trips planned for May along with a trip home.  I'm looking at a weekend trip down South for my birthday! I have also decided to rent a car at least once a month to see more sights locally! Looking at Great Falls, Calvert Cliffs, Lancaster County, and so many others. Can't wait.

4.  Culture 
Goals include more Kennedy Center events (at least 4), a play, lectures and new museums.

UPDATE:  I have been to a Kennedy Center event, and 4 lectures, and a play (Lights on Grace - an outstanding play shown at the Wooly Mammoth. Cheryl Strayed was a phenomenal speaker, and it was an inspirational and moving experience listening to her speak about her experiences hiking as well as her post-hike/writing career.

In the works: going to a museum in a couple weeks with a friend! Have plans to attend a musical and concert in June. Feeling good about filling up on culture.

Still need to plan: embassy and Smithsonian events.

5. Career 
Goals include: applying for the local Bar association, Joining a networking group or association, and getting Business Cards.

UPDATE: I have received business cards! I went to a networking event, and am strategizing next steps.






6.  Spiritual Upkeep
Goals include Journaling - at least twice per month, and going to Church at least twice per quarter.

UPDATE: I'm doing better! I made it to church for Palm Sunday and it was perfect. Connected, sense of community, and then out the door! Loved it. Also caught up on my journaling and it was incredibly helpful.

3 comments:

  1. All this is under 6 months?! Keep in goin' girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm missing so much of you being over there in DC!! As I was reminiscing our past adventures, I remembered you had sent me something... 40x40 stood out... I never delete any emails... And there your blog invite sat in the depths of my inbox! Today is my first click and I am so excited to read about all of your inspiring journey all the way from DC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I'm missing so much of you being over there in DC!! As I was reminiscing our past adventures, I remembered you had sent me something... 40x40 stood out... I never delete any emails... And there your blog invite sat in the depths of my inbox! Today is my first click and I am so excited to read about all of your inspiring journey all the way from DC!!

    ReplyDelete