Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016: Here We Go!

I've thought a lot about what I want to accomplish or bring into my life in the next year. Mostly it boils down to Art, Music, and Green Space.

1) Make Art 
  • Why? I'd like to use more creativity; I'd like to be more creative. 
  • How? 
  • Do something creative at least once a month.   
  • Paint Nights, water coloring, crafting, photography, writing, knitting.

 


2) See More East Coast 
  • Why? I've lived here for 3 years and haven't made it to a lot of the East Coast - not to New England at all! I don' know how long I'm going to be staying out here, and would like to do better at seeing more of this side of the country.
  • How?  
  • Take at least 1 East Coast trip per quarter - day trips, overnights, longer. 
  • Go to NYC at least once, go to at least one new state on the East Coast, see more local sights. 


3) Go see Art 
  • Why?  I live in an amazing town filled with free art, and full of urban opportunities that I should be embracing better.
  • How? 
  • Going to museums more often, go see live music (symphony, jazz, any thing), plays, etc.


4) Adventure & Green Space 
  • Why? I want to get started facing some of the adventuring on my 40 before 40 list!

  • How?  
  • Try at least 2 or 3 adventures this year. Face some fears this year. What list, you wonder? Zip lining, rafting, salsa dancing, boxing, martial arts.   
  • Get out to parks, forests, whatever green space I can find. At least once a month!

5) Read & Ride
  • Why? 
  • Reading: I want to continue to push my reading boundaries. I really enjoyed reading more nonfiction and am afraid without another goal this year, I might get distracted by other books (there are so many good ones), so a new goal. 
  • Riding: I want to continue pushing myself to get on the bike. I'd like to try a century ride at some point - maybe this year, maybe later. But I'd least like to do another partial century. I'd like to learn to ride faster and better. 
  • How?
  • Reading: Read at least 4 nonfiction books this year. In addition to reading 8 classics (trying to keep on track with those 40 classics).
  • Riding:  Complete a partial or complete century ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment