Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

40 Non-Fiction

The New Goal:


I've decided to upgrade my annual goal of reading more non-fiction to a full blown 40 before 40 goal. It's aggressive because I'm getting to it so late that it's a lot of books to cram in, in the next 4 years. But, I'm going to count the books I have already read (last year and this year) in my annual goals, so it doesn't feel quite so out of reach.

I had already been keeping a list of Non-fiction books I wanted to read for my list last year and this year - there were way too many good ones, and at the same time I was still not sure that I would do it without the goal. So it seems to fit the purpose of the 40 Before 40 quest.

I'd love suggestions! 

Non-Fiction Read so Far:

  1. Boys in the Boat
  2. My Beloved World
  3. Flyboys
  4. Tiny Beautiful Things
  5. Spinster
  6. Wild
  7. Originals
  8. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
  9. Running with Scissors
  10. Rising Strong, Brene Brown
  11. This I Believe - NPR Published
  12. (Between the World and Me Ta-Nehesi Coates)
  13. (All the Single Ladies - Rebecca Traister)
  14. Talking As Fast as I can - Lauren Graham (aka Lorelai Gilmore)


On the Possible Reading list

  • Omnivores Dilemma
  • Just Mercy - Bryan Stevenson (of Ted talks) 
  • Misbehaving (behavioral economics)
  • Drive
  • Dead wake 
  • Lusitania
  • Where Men win glory, Jon Krakauer 
  • Guns, germs and steel
  • Unbroken 
  • 10% happier 
  • Salt
  • Mental floss history of the U.S. 
  • The monster of Florence 
  • The imperial cruise  
  • Gang leader for a day
  • Stiff
  • Heads & beds 
  • Holly tucker, Bloodwork

Topics/Subject Areas on Reading List: 

  • Presidential History 
  • Women in History
  • Revolutionary History
  • Civil War
  • Legal - Supreme Court, RBG, etc. 
  • Business 
  • Contemporary Psychology/Social Psychology
  • Behavioral economics 
  • Fun other stuff - how things work from an insider's perspective (ie: Stiff) 

No comments:

Post a Comment