Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Goal 25 Accomplished! Drive through the New England Fall colors

Goal 25: Leaf Peeping!


My very good friend, Erin, and her beautiful family were travelling to New England - and kindly let me come crash their weekend. I'm so grateful to get to cross another item off my list with one of my favorite people and one of the best families that I know.


And, I mean, now I can say I've gone Leaf Peeping!
Fodor's had a suggested drive through Rhode Island that included a stop at this little store that's been operational since the 1800's and has a penny candy counter!
Fodor's Rhode Island Fall Foliage Drive



We stopped at a cheese farm in Vermont that had these cuties (above and below) to entertain.

Thanks Erin for finding a genuine Vermont Cheese Farm! With truly delicious cheese. That I, sadly, left behind in Rhode Island... Reason to go back? Absolutely.





We were staying in Rhode Island (where Erin's husband Mike had a conference the following week), and took a road trip through Rhode Island and Connecticut the first day. Inspired by that first day we went on to pile on a few extra states Day 2 - because why not?! We went to Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. 6 states in two days!


We had heard going into the trip that the fall colors might not be so bright as usual because of a dry summer - so we weren't really sure what to expect. Happily as we went further North, the colors became more dramatic.










Thank you Reynolds Family for a beautiful and lovely weekend!



Erin, Cora, and Me (photo credit: Mike Reynolds!

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful, restful, exciting all at once. i will gladly take you back to get more cheese...i wanna go too....oh, and I might add...you three ladies are equally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! We loved spending this lovely weekend with you--thank you! Many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog! We loved spending this lovely weekend with you--thank you! Many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete