Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy 2015!! Goals, set.

There's a part of me that hasn't fully realized that it's 2015!! But it's here and will take off without me if I don't get on board. So time to get focused and start working on those goals! 

2015: I have 6 Goals that I'm striving to work on this year. As I've said before, I do not believe in resolutions. But I do believe in Goal Setting and working to improve myself.  So this year I have a 6 categories of areas in my life that I think I can improve if I work hard and stay focused.

1. Reading 

  •  Total books: 12 (1 per month). I'm giving myself some flexibility with this because reading the classics is going to be my priority. I'd like to read at least two books from each category, but ideally following the number goal for each category set out below:
  • Classics (6 classics) 
  • History/Biographies (3-4) 
  • Modern Nonfiction type books (3-4)
  • Best Sellers/Fun (3-4) - This is the easy category so I am not reading all heavy/thinking required books. 
2. Biking 

  • Maintenance Class or Fix a flat class (learn about my bike) 
  • Go on a couple more group rides 
  • Partial Century
  • Complete a Century Ride (this may be a long shot this year, but I want to try)  
  • Reach 500 Energy "points" in spin


3. Travel 
  • Weekend trip with friends 
  • At least 1 new state (already planned: Arizona) 
  • More day trips out of town




 
4.  Culture 
  • Kennedy Center free events - at least 4 events this year 
  • See a play - at least 1
  • Go to lectures or talks - at least 3
  • Check at a new museum or local sites - at least 3 this year  
 
5. Career 
  • Apply for a new Bar association (local)
  • Join a networking group or association  
  • Get Business Cards 






6.  Spiritual Upkeep
  • Journal - at least twice per month
  • Church - at least twice per quarter

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Two things :)
    1) How will you track progress?
    2) Where are the dating and social goals?! ;)
    sw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!
      1) Not to worry! I will be posting my progress as I go - successes and failures alike.
      2) Ha ha.... well.... I'm trying to slow down not speed up my social calendar these days! So, there is little room for social goals. But! I will be including lots of people (hopefully new along with old friends) in my various 2015 and 40x40 goals. As for dating.... I think I will keep those goals and stories a little more private ;)

      Delete