Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Goal 14 In Progress: 40 Classics to Read Before I'm 40

My quest to read 40 classic books before I turn 40. 


I'm trying to read about 8 per year. I've had a couple requests to put all the Classics on one page - so here you go! Below are the books that I have read with links to my non-spoiler reviews. Further below are the books on my ever-growing Potential Classics to Read List.


Classics I've Read So far:

1. Gone with the Wind
2. Candide
3. Slaughterhouse 5
4. Dune
5. The Sound and the Fury
6. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
7. Hounds of Baskerville 
8. East of Eden
9. Lord of the Flies 
10. Frankenstein
11. 100 Years of Solitude
12. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
13. The Time Machine by HG Wells
14. South Pacific by James Michener
15. Brave New World
16. The Little Prince
17. ...

My Other Book Reviews:


Potential Classics or Classic Authors to Read:

  • The Odyssey
  • All's quiet on the western front 
  • Agatha Christy
  • Malcolm X
  • Jane Eyre
  • Henry James
  • Conte of Monte Cristo
  • Mrs. Dalloway 
  • Hemingway - A farewell to arms or 
  • Jane Eyre 
  • Ian Fleming (Bond)
  • George Eliot 
  • Louisa May Alcott
  • Henry James - portrait of a lady 
  • The winter of our discontent 
  • Les Miserable
  • Tennyson 
  • James Joyce
  • Browning 
  • Crime & Punishment
  • Le Petit Prince 
  • CS Lewis
  • Dorian gray - Oscar Wilde 
  • Fountainhead 
  • Moby dick 
  • Fitzgerald  - beautiful & damned 
  • Dickens - tale of 2 cities 
  • Shakespeare - twelfth night 
  • Greek mythology  
  • Frankenstein 
  • Ulysses 
  • DH Lawrence 
  • Eyes watching God 
  • If Biel street could talk - James Baldwin 
  • Rebecca
  • Brave new world 
  • The Sun Also Rises
  • Ken Kesey 
  • Robert Louis Stevenson 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the list. I'm still working on mine. Will share once I finally get it done.

    ReplyDelete